.

Monday, December 31, 2012

LOCAL HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS GIVE BACK

My Family at Emilee's "Giving Back to Autism 5K"
 
 
A few months ago, I had the pleasure of meeting a phenomenal young lady named Emilee. I had heard she was working on a senior project about autism, so I decided to help out. Her 5K fundraiser was absolutely perfect. She raised over $2,000, some of which will help fund communicative devices for my classroom.



(PS - Tanner ran the whole thing!)



 _______________________________________________________________

Just before Christmas, I received a phone call to meet the EC (Exceptional Children Program) Director at the County Office. I was told someone was going to present our department with a check. Excitedly, I rushed to the office, where I met this remarkable young man named Aaron. He is a high school student from another local high school who is also doing his project on autism. His contribution will help fund items for sensory integration in my classroom.

picture taken from article on www.thedigitalcourier.com


_______________________________________________________________

I am amazed at the ambition of the young folks in our county. These two outstanding teens worked so hard to bring awareness to the community and to give back to a cause they deemed worthy. I am absolutely touched to have been a part of their journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment